I am trying to do something that is (I think) very simple: just set up a course where students need to get 5000 points total to pass. Some parameters:
- The course, as a whole, is graded Pass/Fail.
- A few assignments are required; they total about 1000 points.
- A large number of assignments are optional - students choose among these to make up the other 4000 points they need.
My sticking points are:
- Making a course pass/fail - the course grading scheme is in percentages, not points.
- Canvas uses the required assignments to determine the total number of points in a course. However, in this case, the required assignments are only 20% of the total passing grade, yet Canvas would show students getting 100% when they finish just the required items. Is there any way to get Canvas to understand that 5000 points = passing?