Canvas FastTrack Ep. 18 - Fun Formative Assessments

Jump to solution
lstark
Instructure Alumni
Instructure Alumni

The Canvas FastTrack Video series is a collection of quick videos aligning Canvas with Dr. Puentedura’s SAMR Model of Technology Integration.  This model has been used by many institutions as a framework for infusing technology into teaching and learning activities.  In the video collection we will dive into the various tools in Canvas and how they align with the SAMR Model of Technology.  Watch this four-minute video introduction to SAMR if you aren’t already familiar with the model.

Episode 18 is a 2 1/2 minute video about Fun Formative Assessments embedded into Canvas via Modules; at the Augmentation level of Technology integration providing accessible fun content for students is key.  Use some fun Web 2.0 tools embedded and accessible directly in Canvas.  See how these tools can keep students engaged and attentive all while you are collecting great formative data on their responses and performance. 

Thanks for watching and please feel free to leave feedback, requests, and suggestions in the comments below!

Labels (1)
2 Solutions
kroeninm
Community Champion

@lstark , I thought I had seen Kahoot before but perhaps not, looks much more visual and engaging that what I remember, similar to quizzizz.com, that's the other one I keep meaning to checkout.  We've been using H5P and Quizlet a bit for ungraded formative assessment but I think these have a more fun feel.  Good ideas.

- Melanie

View solution in original post