This edition of Faculty Lounge focuses on Quizzes.Next- Specifically:
- Overview of Quizzes.Next: What it is, what it does, how to get it
- Considerations (Things you should know about Quizzes.Next)
- Demonstration of Quizzes.Next
- Transitioning to Quizzes.Next
- What’s Ahead
- Questions and Answers: Common questions, and your own questions
Follow-up information on topics touched-on during Webinar:
- One-question-at-a-time / Stimulus questions:
When this option is selected, questions are also displayed singly when a Stimulus reference item is being displayed. The stimulus content is simply displayed repeatedly for each question item.
- Math formulas: Formula is a question type, and its functionality is described here:
This may not, however, precisely address the question, as I suspect the intent was to make it possible for students to use mathematical symbols / notation in essay-type responses. It appears that currently, Quizzes.Next offers only basic text input as a question response option. Related to this, you will find a request for external tool compatibility mentioned in this post in the Quizzes.Next user group:
LaTeX Student Responses in Quizzes.Next
- Is HTML editing possible in Quizzes.Next? What about the media recorder?
Not yet ... You will find these features mentioned in FAQ: New Quizzes
- Will Quizzes.Next be built with API features?
That question is addressed here.
Ideas (Documents development in Canvas, including Quizzes.Next)