Student Engagement With Canvas - "The Engagement Strikes Back"
Student engagement is one of the key indicators for student success in their learning journey. Engagement strategies can include things like reciprocal teaching; feedback; teacher/student self-verbalisation; meta-cognition; goals; challenging; frequent checks on effects of teaching; acceleration; and mastery learning.
At Instructure we believe that good technology helps teachers to create and execute learning activities that promote or reinforce student engagement, either in supporting what is already happening in the face-to-face classroom or by creating unique learning experiences in Canvas.
In these webinars (yep, free upsell) we will discuss teaching strategies that foster or create student engagement and the Canvas tools that can be used to make it easy for teachers to get started today.
• Design and building courses for increased student engagement and success rates.
• Leveraging off Canvas tools such as Automated Feedback, Selective Release, Mastery Paths, Class Announcements, Calendar events and more.
• We will focus on the tools supporting RTO leaders and any other teachers/instructors looking to automate and simplify student connections.
- Student Engagement With Canvas - Part 1
- Slide Deck
- Canvas Announcements - Community
- Canvas Calendar - Community
- Canvas Conferences - Community
- Canvas Global Navigation (To-Do Lists) - Community
- Canvas Quizzes - Community
- What is Canvas Chat - Community
- How do I use Chat? - Teacher - Community