Sharing badges on social media
The Canvas Badges Backpack provides additional ways to share badges including a public share URL and embed code. See Sharing badges from Canvas Badges for more information.
Earned badges can be shared from an award email, from within Canvas or from a user's Canvas Badges Backpack to various social media sites.
Sharing badges to a social feed
- From your Canvas Badges Backpack, find the badge or collection of badges you wish to share.
- Once you've selected the badge you wish to share, navigate to the Share button then choose the Social tab from the pop-up.
- Before selecting the site you wish to share your badge on, you can optionally choose to include the recipient identifier (email) when you share your badge.
- By including the recipient identifier, the email address associated with the badge will be publicly visible where the badge is shared.
- Select the social media button you wish to share your badge on.
- A dialog box will pop up asking for you to sign in if you haven't before.
- Click the share/post button to share your badge.
If your LinkedIn or other social media account has a different login email than your Canvas Badges account, you may need to add that email to your Canvas Badges account in order to share your badge. Please see Managing your Canvas Badges account for information on adding an additional email.