Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ChrisDao
Community Participant

Cannot insert or find any course files

Jump to solution

Hi everyone,

Have you been in a situation that files are already uploaded but when you want to use it in Page, or Discussion, you cannot import?

When I try to insert course files into Page or similar, Canvas always tell me that "Something is wrong". It seems that Canvas cannot find any of my course files.

Please help me with this, thank you in advance.

Screen Shot 2021-09-23 at 11.19.44 pm.png

Labels (1)
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

Since you're using a self-hosted instance, @ChrisDao , we've moved your question to the appropriate forum.

View solution in original post

4 Replies
chofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

Good afternoon, @ChrisDao ...

Have you submitted this issue to the Canvas Help Desk staff?  If I were you, that's where I would start...as this doesn't sound correct to me that you wouldn't be able to insert files/images/documents that you've already uploaded to your course.  Maybe the Help Desk staff can log into your course with you to see if anything strange might be going on...who knows.  If you contact them, please come back to this topic to provide an update to let us know how this was resolved for you.  Thanks, and good luck!  Looking forward to hearing back from you on this!

How do I get help with Canvas as an instructor?

ChrisDao
Community Participant

Hi @chofer, I'm afraid that I cannot contact the Canvas Help Desk since I'm the self-hosted Canvas 😞

ChrisDao
Community Participant

Hi, I find that it will generate error when I choose all files from inserting function. This seems very weird 😞

Screen Shot 2021-09-25 at 12.44.05 pm.png

Screen Shot 2021-09-25 at 12.43.56 pm.png

  

Since you're using a self-hosted instance, @ChrisDao , we've moved your question to the appropriate forum.

View solution in original post