Custom Course Reports

Code-with-Ski
Community Participant

The recent update to the Canvas LMS Mods (Basic) Chrome extension, provides some new course level reports.

I have been working on a JavaScript class to handle creating tables that display data with columns that can be sorted and hidden/shown.  I have also been working on allowing the table data to be shown using pagination. The table also includes a Download button to download the data from the table to a CSV file.

I then added on to this by building a JavaScript class to make a report with the custom table that I've developed.  These course level reports are beginning prototypes of what I hope to create and with these classes it should be easier to build new reports.  To go along with this, I have built a JavaScript class to help make Canvas API calls and handle the response.

To access these custom course level reports, you will need to go to the course settings and click "Course Statistics" in the right-hand side.  You can also add "/statistics" to the end of the course home URL to get to it directly (i.e. https://canvas.instructure.com/courses/12345/statistics).

I have built the following reports so far:

• Assignment Details
  • Submission Details
  • Quiz Details
  • Discussion Details
  • Discussion Replies Report
  • Announcement Details
  • Page Details
  • Modules Progress Report
  • Enrollment Report
  • User Access Report

Currently, the only option is to load all the data for each of the reports, but I plan on building on these reports to add more search options.  I also plan on developing a lazy loading option for the reports so you can load an initial set of data and then continue to load more as needed.

1 Comment