Add a search box to the Gradebook

This idea has been developed and deployed to Canvas

For more information, please read through the  Canvas Release Notes (2021-10-16).

Instructors with several assignments can have a hard time locating an individual assignment in their gradebook page.  This is true, even with assignment groups and module filters.  Please add a search box to the gradebook page for instructors, similar to the search box that can be used on the assignments page.

8 Comments
CanvasDocTeam
Community Team
Community Team
Status changed to: Open

Hclements
Community Member

Yes please I would love this feature its very hard to find an assignment in the gradebook!!

huic
Community Participant

Yes! There are classes where I manually create attendance assignments (e.g. “Class Meeting 2/9”, “Class Meeting 2/11”) because the built-in attendance is not easy to look up, and with the daily attendance “assignments” I can share material discussed at that meeting and provide a way for students to make it up offline if that's available.

It'd be great to have a text box to filter certain assignments with a name. In my case, it'd be helpful to type in “Meeting 2/” to find all the meetings in February. Putting things in assignment groups would be a hack but takes extra setting up that has no grade ramification.

jwillin
Community Contributor

This would be very helpful. Similarly named items can be hard to pick out when you are scrolling left to right looking for a particular item.

erinhmcmillan
Instructure Alumni
Instructure Alumni
Status changed to: On Beta
Comments from Instructure

The Gradebook includes an Assignment Names search field. This change allows assignments to be searched in addition to student names.

For more information, please read through the  Canvas Release Notes (2021-10-16).

Stef_retired
Instructure Alumni
Instructure Alumni
Status changed to: Completed

KristinL
Community Team
Community Team
Status changed to: New

KristinL
Community Team
Community Team
Status changed to: Completed