[Assignments] Missing Assignments List on Student User Frontpage

In order to see assignments with a Missing status, students must click on Grades. Instead, the list of missing assignments should be on their front page.

The idea is to have a separate "Missing" assignments list above the To Do list on the front page of all students.

18 Comments
Renee_Carney
Community Team
Community Team
Status changed to: Open

JoseParra
Community Novice

Add an assignment list under the student's profile, or just add a missing assignments list for each class. And/or.

JoseParra
Community Novice

missing assignment list*

klbfain
Community Member

Great idea! Better to have that "in their face"  then have them need to click "grades" to see it. 

layeranMATH
Community Member

YES. My students would really benefit from a way to view all their missing work, vs. just the missing work within individual courses. There are too many clicks to see what is missing from math and from history and from music. 

Renee_Carney
Community Team
Community Team

@layeranMATH if you haven't discovered the to-do list via list-view in the dashboard, you may want to see if it helps with this. 

kathryn_wheeloc
Community Member

Yes, this would be helpful!

rtbehm
Community Novice

On the left side bar there should be a place where students can see all missing assignments that need to be done for all classes

gnoack
Community Champion

If it's added, I would like it to be an optional setting that instructors can turn on.  In higher ed, many faculty don't accept late work, or have very specific rules about it. So this would be one more thing cluttering up the home page, and would confuse students who might think they have the option to complete late work. 

In fact, many faculty at my institution would love to be able to turn off the To do list, as well. Students focus on that list instead of engaging in content provided in the modules. They only read and do what's listed in the list. It's a pretty big problem for us. 

SheritaFlowers
Community Member

Im sorry , I dont see a way to respond to the email I just received. In this area for " Students" on the site and the mobil app. Students have to scroll through all assignments to see whats missing . In the arrange by section , it would be resourceful for students to itemize whats missing . I am asked this alot whats missing , how many assignments required to make up etc. and can definitely go through the info with them . Just thought if they could filter " Missing" only it can give a broad view instantly. I am clear on how to review from the instructor roster / grades area . 

Student View.PNG