Delete multiple pages

Deleting pages one at a time can be time-consuming - 3 clicks per page.  It would be great to mark them and delete in bulk.  Seems like most course creators will face this at one time or other.  I'm resubmitting this idea, which failed to get enough votes. I wonder if it was the time period - end of semester, so not when people are creating or updating their courses.  Maybe now is a better time for this idea!

This idea has been developed and deployed to Canvas

For more information, please read through the Canvas Release Notes (2020-08-15) 

44 Comments
Renee_Carney
Community Team
Community Team

85738_pastedImage_0.pngpastedImage_0.png

Thank you for your Feature Idea submission. We wanted to call your attention to   which was submitted in a different voting period, but archived due to lack of votes or inadequate response. You may want to reference this idea for any insight.

Your idea will be open for vote in the next voting cycle.

In the meantime, help your idea gain traction by posting a link to this idea in the comments of the other, archived idea (which will notify author and anyone who is following the idea) and share your idea to colleagues and peers who you think would be supporters, as well.

biray
Instructure Alumni
Instructure Alumni

This idea has moved to the next stage and will be open for voting among the Canvas Community, from Wed. January 6, 2016 - Wed. April 6, 2016.

Check out this doc for additional details about how the voting process works!

buellj
Community Contributor

This is going to be more important to have faculty accumulate more materials they can copy into courses. I get quite a few requests each term to reset courses because too much content has been imported and it's too cumbersome to delete pages one-by-one. (We hide the reset button due to various mishaps by faculty in the past).

gholt
Community Novice

Thanks for bring this up to vote on. This is a very time consuming issue that seems like it seems like low hanging fruit for an improvement!

James
Community Champion

While you're waiting for this feature idea to gain traction and be implemented, I've written a Google Sheets application that people can use to bulk publish, unpublish, or delete wiki pages from within Canvas.

After you configure it to talk to Canvas, it pulls up a list of pages that have a 1 if they're published or a 0 if they're unpublished. You make changes, including setting the value to -1 (negative one) to delete the page. Then you save your changes and you're done.

Here is the announcement, including a video walk-through of how to use it. Bulk Publish / Delete Pages

epokryfki
Community Participant

Yes please... it takes forever sometimes to do this.

noah
Community Novice

Thank you, Beth! This feature would save oodles of time, not to mention teacher's health as I've heard many a faculty member say they don't sit down to do things like this without a glass of wine. And the bottle within reach...

hvaughn
Community Contributor

Yes, please, this would be wonderful! 

mcsmith
Instructure Alumni
Instructure Alumni

While we would love to get on this right away, this feature will not be worked on in the next 6 months. I am hopeful this is something that will be reconsidered during our next prioritization exercise. We do not wash away these feature request and revisit them regularly. We very much appreciate your participation and dialogue around these requests!

jlvaughn
Community Novice

This feature would be great! Especially as I am migrating over from Etudes, each Module comes with two extra "blank" pages as a result of the way Etudes had the modules set up. Lot's of time deleting...