Filter Grade Book

This idea has been developed and deployed to Canvas

Idea open for vote Wed. September 7, 2016 - Wed. December 7, 2016  Learn more about voting...

A more advanced ability to filter the gradebook by group categories, by date, by assignment, etc. would be very helpful, so when viewing the gradebook, one doesn't have to keep scrolling to get to the specific (or specific) assignments to view.  Thank you!

Comments from Instructure

For more information, please read through the Canvas Production Release Notes (2017-11-18) 

For additional information about the New Gradebook, please visit New Gradebook Users Group and the Canvas Release: New Gradebook document.

11 Comments
Renee_Carney
Community Team
Community Team

202503_pastedImage_3.pngThank you for your Feature Idea submission. We wanted to call your attention to " modifiedtitle="true" title="Filter Gradebook by Column ​&    which were submitted in different voting periods, but archived due to lack of votes or inadequate response. You may want to reference this idea for insight.

Since archived ideas can be re-submitted, your idea will be open for vote in the next voting cycle.

In the meantime, help your idea gain traction by posting a link to this idea in the comments of the other, archived idea (which will notify author and anyone who is following the idea) and share your idea to colleagues and peers as well.

Renee_Carney
Community Team
Community Team

This idea has resurfaced at

Renee_Carney
Community Team
Community Team

210711_pastedImage_6.pngWe appreciate you, and the submission of your idea. Your dialogue helps our product teams prioritize feature development. Unfortunately, this idea has been archived because it did not meet the 100-vote threshold within the 3-month voting period. Learn more at: How does the voting process work for feature ideas?

Can archived ideas still become a feature?  Potentially, yes. Archived ideas can be resubmitted by Community members. As people’s needs change, previously submitted ideas may gain additional traction. Feature ideas are evaluated as a whole and influence product direction.

campbellj
Community Member

What would be especially helpful is to filter by Resubmission status.

slm101
Community Novice

Filtering by assignment category is needed by instructors (I don't think Student view needs to have this). Especially when a project has multiple graded components, it allows the instructor to look at the grades on each component quickly, without having to scroll through to find that category. In one view the instructor could see the components for that multi-part project all at once. Scrolling right/left is tedious. 

This is the biggest adjustment I have migrating from Blackboard to Canvas regarding the gradebook. I hope it comes soon. I rarely used the "all grades" view in BB and only used the various filters I had established. 

kim_flowers
Community Novice

Pretty please with cherries on top! Could we please have the ability to filter by groups and not just sections? Students don't need to see but it will make marking larger cohorts much more pleasant.

Renee_Carney
Community Team
Community Team

This idea is in development as part of Priority: Gradebook Enhancements‌ phase 1.

Some of the phase 1 features are available for testing via the Focus Group: New Gradebook‌.  If you do not have access you can request it through your local Canvas admin or CSM (customer success manager).

Renee_Carney
Community Team
Community Team
This idea has been developed and is On Canvas Beta How do I access the Canvas beta environment?

For more information, please read through the Canvas Beta Release Notes (2017-11-06) .

For additional information about the New Gradebook, please visit New Gradebook Users Group and the Canvas Release: New Gradebook document.

erinhmcmillan
Instructure Alumni
Instructure Alumni

For more information, please read through the Canvas Production Release Notes (2017-11-18) 

KristinL
Community Team
Community Team
Status changed to: New