Grade Codes for All Assignment Types

Comments from Instructure

For more information, please read through the Canvas Production Release Notes (2017-11-18) 

For additional information about the New Gradebook, please visit New Gradebook Users Group and the Canvas Release: New Gradebook document.

Idea open for vote Wed. September 7, 2016 - Wed. December 7, 2016  Learn more about voting...

K12 teachers need the ability to mark an assignment done on paper as late or missing in the Gradebook. This code need to also pass to the SIS like late marks from late online submission.

For more information, please read through the Canvas Production Release Notes (2017-11-18) 

For additional information about the New Gradebook, please visit New Gradebook Users Group and the Canvas Release: New Gradebook document.

12 Comments
scottdennis
Instructure
Instructure

Hey Paul,

Thanks for taking time to submit this idea.  Just so I understand; is your idea basically the same as this one from a previous periond?

paul_goodenough
Community Explorer

Yes and no. Yes, it would be nice to toggle the late mark on submitted assignments. But what we are looking for is the ability to mark assignments done on paper but entered manually into the Canvas gradebook.

scottdennis
Instructure
Instructure

Hi Paul,

Thank you for coming back and clarifying.  I just now added your idea to the cohort which will open for vote on September 7th.  Please remember to come back and vote!  Smiley Happy

Renee_Carney
Community Team
Community Team

This idea has moved to the next stage and will be open for voting among the Canvas Community, from Wed. September 7, 2016 - Wed. December 7, 2016.

Check out this doc for additional details about how the voting process works!

ezaurova
Community Participant

I think this is an excellent idea Paul, and it looks like it did have some traction last year, " modifiedtitle="true" title="Mark "On Paper" assignments late in the gradebook​.  I wonder if the title of the idea is not as clear as it could be?  I think the main idea is that "on paper" assignments should be able to be marked as late, or even missing, though definitely late since online assignments are automatically done so.

GideonWilliams
Community Coach
Community Coach

Lets get this through this time. We should not be having features that work for one type of submission and not available for others.

Renee_Carney
Community Team
Community Team

210731_pastedImage_6.pngWe appreciate you, and the submission of your idea. Your dialogue helps our product teams prioritize feature development. Unfortunately, this idea has been archived because it did not meet the 100-vote threshold within the 3-month voting period. Learn more at: How does the voting process work for feature ideas?

Can archived ideas still become a feature?  Potentially, yes. Archived ideas can be resubmitted by Community members. As people’s needs change, previously submitted ideas may gain additional traction. Feature ideas are evaluated as a whole and influence product direction.

Renee_Carney
Community Team
Community Team

This idea is in development as part of Priority: Gradebook Enhancements‌ phase 1.

Some of the phase 1 features are available for testing via the Focus Group: New Gradebook‌.  If you do not have access you can request it through your local Canvas admin or CSM (customer success manager).

Renee_Carney
Community Team
Community Team
This idea has been developed and is On Canvas Beta How do I access the Canvas beta environment?

For more information, please read through the Canvas Beta Release Notes (2017-11-06) .

erinhmcmillan
Instructure Alumni
Instructure Alumni