[Gradebook] Fix "Message Students Who: Haven't Been Graded" filter

I know we all LOVE Heart LOVE Heart LOVE Heart the "Message Students Who" feature from the Gradebook.   

The one filter that doesn't seem right to me is the "Haven't been graded" option, because it includes the "Students who haven't Submitted."

If this filter selects students who submitted but for whom a teacher hasn't had an opportunity to grade yet for whatever reason, they can message those students and let them know why and when they can expect to see a grade and feedback.

14 Comments
rosalita_santia
Community Explorer

I agree. 

tyler_witman
Community Participant

I completely agree! If as a teacher, I'm trying to catch up on grading then I should be able to message these students separately. We truly need a separate option for students who "haven't been graded" and for students who "haven't submitted."

jmccarth1
Community Member

I agree

Maeve_McCooey
Community Contributor

Upvoted @Hildi_Pardo this makes perfect sense, if not for the actual sending message part but even just for establishing who hasn't been graded yet.

martinem
Community Member

I agree, Moreover, sometimes the submission is incorrect and there is a message for this but the student hasn't seen it

spectraCx
Community Member

Totally agree, can really be annoying getting a chunk of messages for a course you had already completed

Srta_H
Community Member

Yes!!!

Hm6
Community Novice

I AGREEEEEEE

jennifer_garwoo
Community Explorer

Yes!!

valentinesking
Community Champion

Howdy! @Hildi_Pardo 

Actually, I use the "message students who" feature using "students who haven't been graded" for no submission assignments (for pre-due date and reminder messages). There is no option for "Students who haven't Submitted" for no submission assignments. 

Sky V. King, FIU Online