[Gradebook] New Gradebook Keyboard Shortcuts for Assignment Statuses

In the New Gradebook, I can type EX to automatically get the Excused status applied to a student's grade for an assignment. I would love to see that functionality extended to the Missing and Late statuses as well. 

EX = Excused, M and L don't work.EX = Excused, M and L don't work.

Additionally, especially with external tools, it would be nice to have a T (Turned In) status to indicate what assignments have been submitted but not graded yet. This would be helpful for parents at the K-12 level. 

22 Comments
ctitmus
Instructure Alumni
Instructure Alumni
Status changed to: Open

9747d331860073e
Community Explorer

Eric is always thinking of great changes that will save teachers time and make the tool beneficial for all users involved (staff, students, parents).  Love this!  Hope it happens.

ShawnFowers
Community Member

100% agree with this.  It would make the gradebook so much quicker.  

LyndseyChang
Community Member

I love this idea! I am used to being able to use "M" for missing in a gradebook, that way I don't have to take multiple steps to indicate that something is missing. This would be so helpful! I really hope they implement an update that includes more gradebook Keyboard Shortcuts.

KristieBennett
Community Explorer

This is would be so helpful for students to know that they have missed a deadline! They're expecting it with other assignments, so it will catch them off guard if it's inconsistent.

MaryannBroberg
Community Member

Grading in the Gradebook needs to be more efficient. We need to be able to type an M in the gradebook assignment column for missing and so forth. It takes 3 mouse clicks to change grade codes. This isn't fast or efficient. Other grade programs offer this feature. Canvas needs to be competitive with other products.

Canvas comment.png

BrianWalker
Community Novice

This would save me so much time!

KarsonKenningto
Community Novice

I agree!  I've wanted to be able to quickly type this in instead of clicking "exempt," "missing," etc.

bkeegan
Community Novice

This would be an awesome add on feature!

MichelleLarsen
Community Novice

Yes please we need this!