New Quizzes: Dashboard To Do

This idea has been developed and deployed to Canvas

As with the original quizzes on canvas, when a student submits a New Quizzes (Quizzes.Next) assessment and there are items that need to be reviewed it should show up on our teacher dashboard in our To Do list so we know to submissions have been made so we can more easily access them in speedgrader to grade.

253 Comments
MrszWiz
Community Member

This is still an issue. I made my attendance quiz for the e-learning day in a new quizzes format and none of them are popping up to be graded. So now I am going to have to waste my time and keep circling around to check 60 kids quizzes to see if they have answered it rather than it popping up to tell me to grade it like the old quizzes. 

dalston1
Community Participant

I need this, please!

tdoman
Community Explorer

Do we have a solution to this yet???  We desperately need it too.  

JonathanKershaw
Community Novice

Yes, please work on this feature. Thanks!

shashreveprice
Community Explorer

Will this issue be solved before old quizzes is no longer an option? Not being alerted when students submit or resubmit a new quiz has been a huge mess.

lgibson3
Community Explorer

This is beyond necessary.  Please add this feature ASAP.

CraigOgden
Community Participant

Considering the fact that this discussion started exactly two years ago and NOTHING has been done on it, I do not think Instructure is taking it seriously.

It would be good if they had to go into a classroom for a couple weeks to see how much of a problem is this.  It causes us teachers to WASTE so much time.

mitchelljorgens
Community Explorer

Please fix this feature! Many of us are using Canvas to manage hundreds of students.  If I am not notified that something needs to be graded for an essay item, I have to go through each student individually and check, and I have to do this every couple of days or until the assignment locks.  

DonelJensen
Community Member

I don't know how difficult this would be to put in, but please do. I would use new quizzes mostly IF it would notify when a new submission has been made. As it is if I have any open ended or essay type answers I have to use Classic, since it streamlines the grading so much better.

akelly22
Community Novice

The lack of this feature has often discouraged our team from using the other great features in New Quizzes because if we want to give a quiz with an essay, the New Quizzes is just not feasible because we don't know when we have grading, especially with retakes, etc.