New Quizzes: Duplicate Question

It would be helpful to be able to duplicate a question in the quiz generator. Let's say I'm quizzing students on the use of figurative language (simile, metaphor, personification, and synecdoche). I could make my first question with multiple choice answers: a. simile, b. metaphor, c. personification, and d. synecdoche. If I could duplicate the questions, I would not have to retype the four answer selections.

This idea has been developed and deployed to Canvas

For more information, please read through the Canvas Deploy Notes (2020-09-09).

88 Comments
kona
Community Champion

@ddrayer ​, is this idea similar to what you were wanting - ? If so, then my recommendation is to comment on why it's an important feature to have and make sure to follow it so you can be alerted to any updates.

ddrayer
Community Novice

Yes, it is. Thanks for the recommendation.

scottdennis
Instructure
Instructure

There is another semi-related idea currently open for vote:

jstowe
Community Novice

Thank you for this post. The missing duplicate feature is the #1 request from teachers as we just switched to Canvas. I will often ask multiple questions about the same data or diagram and having to create the question from scratch every time is slowing down the process considerably.

bogardde
Community Participant

This would be very helpful as a time saver as teachers need to create multiple formative - and then summative - assessment questions based on particular outcomes.

bogardde
Community Participant

BTW, it's October 7th...why isn't this open for voting?

scottdennis
Instructure
Instructure

Hi Deborah,

We are working on opening up the new ideas and closing down old ones that didn't make the 100 vote threshold.  Its a manual process so please be patient as we work through these tasks this morning.

bogardde
Community Participant

OK, thanks. Thought it was something automated that didn't automate 😉

scottdennis
Instructure
Instructure

Thank you for providing a heads up to something that could possibly have been broken.  In this case, its just a whole lot of clicking and elbow grease that needs to be applied.

biray
Instructure Alumni
Instructure Alumni

This idea has moved to the next stage and will be open for voting among the Canvas Community from Wed. October 7, 2015 - Wed. January 6, 2015.

Check out this doc for additional details about how the voting process works!