[New Quizzes] Fully Mute Quiz

Hi, I just had a professor call me. He mutes his exams while grading them, because he adjusts up and down based on how many missed a question. He switched over to Quizzes.Next, and we found that it does not mute the student's ability to see the quiz in Quizzes.Next. 

There is a restricting for if and when they can see their quiz, but this means he has to turn it on when he mutes the assignment and then turn it off when he unmutes it. We would love to see either muting the assignment fully mute it or give an option to hide the quiz results while muted.

As it currently stands, this is what the student sees:

In the grades, he sees the bell for it being muted:

298312_pastedImage_2.png

But when he clicks on the assignment's name, he sees this:

298352_pastedImage_3.png

As a note, this is possible in Quizzes Classic. It mutes their ability to see it, so we would just like to see that transferred down. Thanks!

Added to Theme

8 Comments
RobDitto
Community Champion

Voted! jillmallek, our institution has this same need. We could not begin to adopt Quizzes.Next until the 2018-10-16 release added the Restrict Student Results Option you mentioned.

In case you hadn't seen them already, here are two closely related, long-running feature ideas:

Out of curiosity, does "fully mute" mean that the same teacher action should handle both Gradebook muting and hiding of answer/score information after submission? Or did I misunderstand that? Thanks in advance.

jillmallek
Community Participant

By fully mute, we just want the student not to see the grade. They can see it's muted in the gradebook, but in the assignment, they can see the score. We need them not to see the score, if the professor is muting it. Right now, he has to turn mute on and has to make the exam hidden, so it's two steps. We just want one step.

Renee_Carney
Community Team
Community Team

jillmallek

I wanted to let you know that I removed an image from your idea that wasn't key to your overall suggestion.  I know that it supported what you were seeking, but it was of a feature that isn't released yet.  You can discover more about this here.

jillmallek
Community Participant

@Renee_Carney  I understand, thanks! 

ronmarx
Community Contributor

Agreed. Features shouldn't be removed from previous versions unless they break the upgrades or are despised by users as demonstrated by flurries of postings here in Community.

Renee_Carney
Community Team
Community Team

Howdy Ron.  Just wanted to clarify that this feature wasn't removed.  Quizzes.Next was developed from the ground up, so they just hadn't gotten there yet.

KristinL
Community Team
Community Team
Status changed to: New

KristinL
Community Team
Community Team
Status changed to: Added to Theme