[New Quizzes] Time limit, per question

Problem statement:

I currently use the quiz time limit feature based on the number of questions. It would be nice to be able to set a per question time limit. For instance, if I wanted to only allow 20 seconds per question and being able to set that vs a total quiz time limit of so many minutes. Thank you

Proposed solution:

There are other online quiz programs that allow for a per question time limit. I know that some colleges are using this feature in their Medical Terminology classes as a way to curb cheating, looking up answers, etc. I currently use the total quiz time limit, and have seen where students will use up the majority of their time on the first set of questions and rush through the second set because the overall time limit is running out. I feel it would be more beneficial to have option to set a each question to a set time limit, for example, 20 seconds per question. I know I also have colleagues that also would like that option in Canvas. There are other platforms that offer this, but would rather stick with Canvas and not have to use other platforms.

User role(s):

instructor

Added to Theme

1 Comment
MPioRoda
Instructure
Instructure
Status changed to: Added to Theme