| This idea has been developed and deployed to Canvas |
This continues to be an issue for my institution, and I believe it may now be able to gather enough votes to proceed to the 'Gathering Information' stage.
"Currently only some question types allow regrading (Multiple Choice, True/False, Multiple Answers - How do I regrade a Quiz? )
Numerical question type (and other types) needs to support regrading. There are many cases that are simple such as needing to expand the range to accommodate a rounding issue.
Rob Ditto has commented:
In addition to the rounding issue Scott Finkeldei mentioned, our faculty regularly cite real-world needs for Numerical Answer regrading. Here are two examples:
- With questions involving percentages or probabilities, the author might not remember to enter two versions of the answer: e.g., 97 (meaning 97%) as well as 0.97.
- Similarly, when answers involve units, the teacher or TA might want to count as correct a student's answer expressed in different units -- for example, 0.75 as the equivalent in minutes of 45 seconds.
Automatic regrading allows teachers to be fair to students who give alternate correct answers, avoiding extra time spent using Excel filtering of a Student Analysis .CSV to identify who should be awarded points manually. The regrading automation originally developed for other question types in 2013 also gives students clear indications that a question was regraded, further benefiting learning.
Others had great contributions as well. Please vote for this important feature and add your use cases and thoughts"
| Comments from Instructure|
This idea was completed with general availability of Quizzes.Next. You can find more information about the overall project in the Quizzes.Next User Group.
- Quizzes.Next is now available for all paid accounts.
- Quizzes.Next documentation will live in the Quizzes.Next User Group until July 14, 2018. On July 14, 2018, all of the documentation will be moved to the Canvas Guides in the Canvas Instructor Guide or Canvas Student Guide.
- Quizzes.Next updates will be included in the Canvas Release Notes. This includes new features, updated features, and relevant fixed bugs. New and updated features will be deployed to Quizzes.Next near the same time as the Canvas release. Fixed bugs may be deployed at any time.
Added to Theme
Completed Ideas that pre-date the Ideas and Themes structure Theme Status: Delivered