Peer Reviews for Groups outside their Group (a)

This idea has been developed and deployed to Canvas

Idea will be open for vote May 5th, 2015 - August 5th, 2015  Learn more about voting...

This is not really a new idea, but I don't think it made it in the migration from the old feature requests. The idea is to beef up Peer Evaluation to make it more useful in the context of a group assignment. There are several elements to this, and I have been asked to submit each one separately, so here goes. To see the other ideas, try searching on Peer Evaluation for Groups.

When assigning a Peer Evaluation of a product (that is, whatever the group submitted), students should only ever be assigned to products other than the one their own group submits.

NOTE: See related ideas Peer Reviews for Groups Within a Group - Evaluate Peer (b) and Peer Reviews for Groups - Option to Include Peer Evaluation into grade (c)

Comments from Instructure

For more information, please read through the Canvas Production Release Notes (2016-10-29)

11 Comments
biray
Instructure Alumni
Instructure Alumni

I've updated the title of this idea to reflect the words used within the Canvas interface --- from "peer evaluations" to "peer reviews". This will also make it easier for others to find ideas related to peer reviews, as well.

hoovenl
Community Novice

I would like to allow one group to peer review the work of another group. Currently, I have to download the project of the first group, and then put it in the files of another group. If individuals provided reviews, the first group would get multiple reviews to incorporate into a final product. I would like a group to  provide their reviews using google docs or the review function in Word in a single document.

Is this a separate idea, or part of what you are talking about in this discussion?

BKINNEY
Community Contributor

It's certainly related. I'd never thought about a group evaluation of

another group, just individuals. Facilitating a group eval of another group

would be cool, too.

Becky Kinney

Academic Technology Services

Project Blog <http://sites.udel.edu/bkinney/>

On Mon, May 11, 2015 at 6:23 PM, hoovenl@oregonstate.edu <

jordan
Instructure Alumni
Instructure Alumni

77296_pastedImage_0.png84976_pastedImage_0.png

Panda-Cat: A mythical creature that we dreamed up to catch your attention, make you laugh, and encourage you to keep reading the explanation of our archive process for Feature Ideas

Archive: An archived Feature Idea is not dead forever, but it has been taken out of stage progression.  When Community members submit feature ideas they are reviewed by the Community Team and then put to a vote by the community at large.  If the idea does not receive 100 votes within 3 months it will be archived.  Ideas that reach the 100 vote threshold within the first three months remain open for voting. Find more information about this process at How does the voting process work for feature ideas?

Can archived ideas still become a feature?  Yes.  Some feature ideas that do not receive 100 votes are resubmitted by Community members and find more supporters as people's needs change, rising more quickly to the top.  Oftentimes archived feature ideas are evaluated in groups when we are preparing to refactor a particular tool or feature of Canvas and may still influence product direction.

Renee_Carney
Community Team
Community Team
  This idea has been developed and is On Canvas Beta How do I access the Canvas beta environment?

For more information, please read through the Canvas Beta Release Notes (2016-10-17)

Would you like to discuss this release with other enthusiastic Canvas Admins?  Join the Beta Release Asynchronous Collaborative Chat

Renee_Carney
Community Team
Community Team
  This idea has been developed and deployed to Canvas

For more information, please read through the Canvas Production Release Notes (2016-10-29)

Renee_Carney
Community Team
Community Team

ROI.png

Thank you to  @BKINNEY  for submitting this idea, as well as,  @hoovenl  for your contributions. Your investment in this idea helped refine a feature which is now part of Canvas! Smiley Happy

KristinL
Community Team
Community Team
Status changed to: New

KristinL
Community Team
Community Team
Status changed to: Added to Theme

KristinL
Community Team
Community Team
Status changed to: Added to Theme