[Rubrics] Create a student-accessible rubric for self-assessments

Our nursing and OTA staff are using self-assessments to help students evaluate their confidence in the skills they are learning for certification. The idea is that they can take this assessment and choose if they want to share it, see what things they need to brush up on and reflect on their experiences. Currently they are doing this on paper but as we go to more online course work, they would like to integrate this as an online activity within a course.

The peer review rubric as it is set up now would work, but we also like the model of the tests you take on social media that tell you that you're 90% geek!

Added to Theme

139 Comments
tdionne
Community Participant

Yes please. This. 

AshleyLenz
Community Member

This has come up again, hopefully will gain more traction this time.. https://community.canvaslms.com/t5/Idea-Conversations/quot-Self-Assessment-quot/idi-p/457025

maarten_devos
Community Explorer

Can someone from Instructure tell me if this idea will be considered or not to take into discussion or production?

This idea is here since a long time. And it would really mean a difference in evaluation.

nelson_hannah
Community Explorer

Yes please! 6 years of user interest... let's make this happen!

RaeJobst-GU
Community Participant

A lot of support for this over the past 6 years! How great would this feature be, making it interactive!

ChristianFrost
Community Member

Self-assessment is being used more and more; the lack of native functionality creates challenges for adopting self-assessment at large scale.

misimmo1
Community Explorer

YES!  We have our graduate students do this and I want my undergraduate students to start in the fall.  It seems like it would be a natural progression when using rubrics!  Please!

EsandersGway
Community Member

Yes please! This supports metacognitive skills and authentic feedback and assessment to nurture real learning!!!

jrican
Community Explorer

There would be a definite benefit to having the ability for student to self-assess with a rubric. Please add this feature.

JinxMylo
Community Member

Self-evaluation has become a core component of so many learning approaches, that not adding this ability is a serious lack. People have been wishing for this for years. Please add it.