[SpeedGrader] improvement and accuracy of the pen tool in speed grader

Problem statement:

The pen tool in the Speedgrader is in general very helpful when marking large numbers of scripts. However, it is currently very sluggish. One needs to tick the "ok" very often or don't lift the pen off the screen to keep it working. It is tricky to use letters like ä, ö, å etc because the bin box icon is too close to the text. Also, the pen tool produces ghost lines or stops working completely if there are several annotations in the text. Writing has to be very slow which defeats the purpose.

Proposed solution:

Improve the pen tool by moving the "bin-box" a little further away from the written text, so it is possible to use letters with diacritical marks can be written without accidentally deleting it. I am not sufficiently techy, but the "resolution" of the written text might have to be increased - at the moment, e.g., a round character like O appears intermittently (not always) as a D with a very thin vertical line (much thinner than the selected text). Sometimes a ghost line appears (thin hairline) between the last comment and the current. I am using the pen tool both at home and at uni (different internet connections). At home, I am using an old Surface pro and at work a rather new Dell laptop with touch screen.

User role(s):

instructor

3 Comments
KristinL
Community Team
Community Team
Status changed to: Open

KristinL
Community Team
Community Team
Status changed to: New

KristinL