Ready-Made Template Suite

lphilips
Instructure Alumni
Instructure Alumni

Ready-Made Secondary Template Home Page Sample

Ready-Made Template Suite

The Instructional Design Team at Instructure is always looking for opportunities to assist teachers and admins in the creation of engaging Canvas courses. In the past, we have created and shared our Course Evaluation Checklist, Mobile App Design Course Evaluation Checklist, and Home Page Templates.  

We took another step forward in Canvas design by creating a suite of Canvas course templates available for purchase.

We did this because we believe that templates help reduce stress load, encourage growth, and help you and your faculty create an engaging Canvas experience! How is that possible, you ask? Well, it's simple... a template turns a blank course shell into a fill-in-the-blank Canvas course. 

Our Recipe For Success 

Provide Teachers with more time to focus on enhancing learning content 
+ 
Provide Students with simple navigation, clear directions, built-in support, and technical guidance right when/where they need it most
=
Increased Canvas buy-in from Teachers and increased Student engagement

What's Included 

We've loaded our templates with modules that include sample pages, assignments, support materials, and more. Banners, buttons, icons, and other design elements are included and can easily be customized and re-used. 

Template Preview

Watch the following short clip to preview a template designed for Secondary students: Secondary Template Preview

Sample Home Page Designs 

Ready-Made Template Suite Screen-shots

What's Available 

We currently offer the following template types, with more options added all the time: 

• Early Learners
  • Elementary & Middle School
  • Secondary
  • Higher Education
  • Specialty Programs
  • Professional Development
  • Leaders & Administrators
  • Global
  • Canvas Orientation

Learn More

Contact your CSM today to learn more about our Instructional Design service offerings and to access our Ready-Made Template Suite (which includes full-course previews).

3 Comments
mmoore1
Community Contributor

Very Helpful tools.  Thanks!

edutechaz
Community Explorer

I have started to design ready-made canvas design templates for courses. This project I have started as an Open-Source code under MIT (which means free). and anyone can use this. I would love to hear your feedback/ suggestions.

My Github Project: Click Here - CanvasLMSDesigns

Demo

Features

• Zero Dependency - (No need to include any and CSS or js files into your canvas instance)
  • Compatible with Canvas LMS editor

How to use

• Go to this file - Design-1/index.html - Click here
  • Copy index.html HTML codes
  • Paste into the Canvas LMS editor

This is my first design

mjaveri
Community Member

Hi Lily, How do I download the higher ed template? Is there anyone who has a home page template for higher education?