Videos not displaying in tabs and accordian

Jump to solution
RainaBurditt
Community Member

I'm having an issue where any videos that I link to that are saved in Canvas (mp4 files) are not displaying if I make an accordion. With tabs, a video will show on the FIRST tab, but not in subsequent tabs. Looking at the code, for some reason it is automatically changing the video's iframe to width: 0 and height: 0. I've tried playing with those numbers, but whatever I do, after I save, it reverts to this, and the videos are THERE, but not visible. I spent an hour with Canvas support and they didn't really know why they aren't working other than to say "it must not be supported." I CAN use an embed code from YouTube, etc and the videos will show, but I much prefer to host the videos within Canvas and just link to the stored file. Has anyone else had this problem?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution
DrNufer
Community Coach
Community Coach

Was this ever resolved?  I wonder if you could paste the code you are using for that page in a comment below.  I created a couple of sandbox pages looking to replicate your error and couldn't seem to work it out.  I tried two approaches, embedded Canvas Studio videos and just uploading mp4 files directly.  Both seemed to work.  

Regarding the width and height, that can be done with both CSS and HTML.  I prefer CSS, which may look like:

<p><iframe style="width: 400px; height: 225px;" src="URL"></iframe></p>

HTML would be more like

<p><iframe width="400px" height="225px" src="URL"></iframe></p>

Sometimes there is both HTML and CSS, so you'd want to remove one and avoid conflict.

View solution in original post