File upload completed on Device but not showing

Jump to solution
KyleStrem
Community Member

Hi All,

I have run into an issue as a student.

I submitted a file to answer an exam question; file upload ensued. I watched the completion percentage hit 100%, and then the confetti graphic showed on the screen.

However, when it was time for my professor to grade the assignment, the file was not present.

Unfortunately, I was unaware that this could be an issue and did not screenshot the completed submission.

Troubleshooting steps taken (Submitted on Canvas Mobile App iPad):

• Verified that the file was not present on the student-submitted files page.
  • iPad system logs do not go back far enough (15 days ago at the time of the device check) to show any iOS-level data.

Is there any way to show evidence that the file was submitted on my end, perhaps by the quiz action log or developer-level logs?

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thank you,

Kyle

1 Solution
greydon
Instructure
Instructure

Hello @KyleStrem 

As @RecycledElectro mentioned, this can happen from time to time. Your browser, device, and network all play a role. Clearing your cache and cookies regularly can really help. Typically, you would want to contact Canvas Support directly. They can look at logs and provide proof or work arounds for your situation.

https://community.canvaslms.com/t5/Canvas-Basics-Guide/How-do-I-contact-Canvas-Support/ta-p/389767 

View solution in original post

0 Likes