cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mcopenhaver1
Community Member

Can my professor see what new tab I am opening during a quiz or test?

Jump to solution

Today in class a comment came up that a professor can see what new tab you are opening during a test or quiz? Is this true?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
bpark1
Community Participant

Also, for the instructors---no technological solution will deter students determined to cheat. Even if you get access to some eye-tracking software (so that not only you lock down browsers from accessing other content, you know when students look at something that is not the test/quiz), it takes no more than 5 minutes' thinking to find a workaround.

It's instructors' job to design the course so that cheating like this offers no/little advantage to a student.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
nr2522
Community Champion

Hi,  @mcopenhaver1 ‌.

The best advice I can offer is: don't cheat and don't do anything shady. If you're not supposed to access other materials during the quiz: don't. Whether your professor can see what you're doing or not is irrelevant and beside the point. Best of luck in your academic endeavors!

bpark1
Community Participant

Also, for the instructors---no technological solution will deter students determined to cheat. Even if you get access to some eye-tracking software (so that not only you lock down browsers from accessing other content, you know when students look at something that is not the test/quiz), it takes no more than 5 minutes' thinking to find a workaround.

It's instructors' job to design the course so that cheating like this offers no/little advantage to a student.

View solution in original post