Canvas Menu on Mobile Device Suddenly not Working

Jump to solution
mappelhans
Community Explorer

The menu caret in the upper-right hand corner on mobile devices (Android phone and tablet-Samsung) has stopped working. It's the menu for all the course links, such as Assignments, Grades, Syllabus, etc.---the course navigation links. When I click on the downward caret, a menu on the upper-left side of the screen would appear with the links. Now, the header, which for my courses is usually "Recent Announcements," pops down about a centimeter with nothing but white space at the top, and the menu is gone.

This functionality has been working for years, and this problem is relatively new--last couple of weeks. I tried updating the browser--Samsung browser, and using another browser, Google, but no success. Since this is happening on multiple devices (Samsung Tablet S6 and a Samsung phone), and multiple browsers, I suspect that the problem might be in Canvas?

I've attached an image of the menu caret, circled in red. When I click on it, it changes to an 'X' and instead of the navigation menu appearing on the opposite side of the screen, the header pushes down slightly with some white space. Any suggestions?

1 Solution
mappelhans
Community Explorer
Author

Today both of my devices (tablet and phone) now have the menu functionality. There hasn't been any recent updates on either device, so I suspect Canvas has fixed something on their side. I wish I knew what happened, or that I could offer advice to anyone else experiencing this problem, but unfortunately, I think Canvas folks are the only ones that know. 

View solution in original post

0 Likes