Canvas Update Scores

Jump to solution
ctmoreha
Community Member

Canvas added extra points to total exam points, which ends up hurting students. I fixed it but now canvas just totals the points minus the exams until I update the scores. Is there a way I can just do this once for all students or do I need to go to the speed grader and scroll to the bottom and click update for all 300 students? I hope not

0 Likes
1 Solution
greydon
Instructure
Instructure

Hello @ctmoreha 

Thank you for contacting the Canvas Community. We're sorry to hear you've been experiencing issues with submitting grades for a quiz. Canvas shouldn't be giving any extra points on  assignments or quizzes unless prompted to do so. If an edit was made to a quiz after students submitted their quiz, it is spossible  that the edit is requiring an update within the speedgrader. However, there are a lot of factors to consider regarding which edits were made, which points were removed/added, etc. In a situation like this, it would be best to look at the specific quiz in question to view in which order edits were made and where. If you are in the gradebook, and all of the students' grades have the speedgrader icon, they would need  to be updated first there for their real scores to reflect. But again, this largely depends on what changes were made and how the quiz was initially setup, etc.

Because of the complexity of the issue, and the concerns for privacy, it would be best if you contacted Canvas Support directly to pinpoint the source of the issue and provide a resolution:

https://community.canvaslms.com/t5/Canvas-Basics-Guide/How-do-I-contact-Canvas-Support/ta-p/389767 

View solution in original post