Canvas and Google Drive Assignments

Jump to solution
SherryZazi
Community Member

I have a teacher who cannot get the assignments in Google Drive to load. I have watched her go through the steps and she is doing this correctly. Using assignments, external tool and the correct Google Drive integration. However when students go to access it-they click on the button in Canvas, when it gets to Google it throws an error.

500: That's an error. Please try again later. That's all we know.

This happens every time to every students for two different teachers.

Any help/advice/solutions?

Labels (2)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Hello @SherryZazi ...

This is helpful.  Thank you for providing that detail.  So it sounds like you are wanting to use the Google LTI (not LT1) ... which stands for Learning Tools Interoperability.  I am assuming that you used the directions found in this Guide:

How do I create a cloud assignment with a Google D... - Instructure Community (canvaslms.com)

As an alternative, have you tried using the annotations option within a Canvas assignment itself?  That way, you don't have to use a third-party external tool such as Google.  Check out this Guide:

How do I create an online assignment? - Instructure Community (canvaslms.com)

Specifically, under the heading "Select Online Entry Options", there is a check-box for "Student Annotation".  There are a couple other places I can point you to for more information on this:

Hopefully this might be a good alternative for you and the instructors.  Keep us posted...thanks!

View solution in original post

0 Likes