Community

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
pyl5147

Class Won't Appear on Canvas

Hi there,

I attend Penn State University, and yesterday I dropped a course (BMB 402) and replaced it with another (BIOL 142). The class started Monday, so I know the material must be published, but I cannot yet see the class material on Canvas, the class does not even show up under "All Courses." I am starting to become anxious because I am wary that things might be due, but I have no way of knowing or contacting my professor. What should I do?

Best,

Paige Laughlin

3 Replies
Stef_retired
Community Team
Community Team

Hi,  @pyl5147  Welcome to the Canvas Community! The answer to this question is going to be a function of how and when your school handles add/drops. I was able to find some contact information on the Penn State information that might help you sort this out: Students | Penn State IT and Get Support | Penn State IT  . Good luck!

kona
Community Coach
Community Coach

@pyl5147 , I'm sorry to hear about your missing class in Canvas. I'd first double-check to make sure you are registered for the class (this wouldn't be in Canvas, this would be in another system - probably the same one where register for classes, check financial aid information, and stuff like that). If you are showing as registered for the class, the next step is to get help from Support at your school - Penn State Canvas Support. This is the global community of all Canvas users and from what you have described, this sounds like something going on at your specific school and that's probably not an issue with Canvas. 

Hope this helps and hope you get access to your class soon!

Kona

Robbie_Grant
Community Coach
Community Coach

@pyl5147 ,

Were you able to find an answer to your question? I am going to go ahead and mark this question as answered because there hasn't been any more activity in a while so I assume that you have the information that you need. If you still have a question about this or if you have information that you would like to share with the community, by all means, please do come back and leave a comment.  Also, if this question has been answered by one of the previous replies, please feel free to mark that answer as correct.

Robbie

0 Kudos