Clearing Cache for Evolve Link External App?

Jump to solution
KeriSalyards
Community Participant

Hi all! I've run into a problem that's driving me nuts, and I hope someone out there can help.

I was helping one of our nursing instructors (let's call her Mary) add content from Elsevier Evolve through Evolve Link. She logged into the app on my computer so I could show her how to add the content on her own. Now, though, Evolve Link automatically logs in to her account every time I try to add the external tool to any course. There's no way to log out in the external tool window. If I masquerade as another user, THEN it will sign in as that other user and allow me to add that user's content from Evolve. But if I'm just in my Canvas admin account, it thinks I'm Mary all the time. This is a problem because part of my job is instructional design and I build some of these courses before instructors are added. I need to be able to get back to MY OWN Evolve Link so I can access all of the school's materials in one place. 

Here's what I've tried so far:

- Cleared all of my browser cookies and cache.
- Tried it in a new browser (I normally use Chrome, tried it in Firefox and it's still auto-logging me in to Mary)
- Tried it in incognito mode, it STILL logged me in to Mary
- Tried it on my home network, still logging me in to Mary

All of this tells me it's got to be a cache somewhere in Canvas itself, but for the life of me, I can't figure out where that would be. There's no reset/refresh/view data on the Evolve app in my admin settings. I cannot remove the app and start over because 1) classes are running and 2) I don't have the shared secret/consumer key because a previous admin at this school added it. I've reached out to the Elsevier company, but they haven't got back to me. 

Any ideas?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Hi @KeriSalyards,

I think you'd need to contact Elsevier about this issue, as it's almost for sure an entry in their database that linked your Canvas account to the other person's Elsevier account through the initial LTI launch they did on your computer.  There won't be a way to solve this on a local computer, as it's not a cache issue or anything, rather an account association issue.

I hope this info helps, even if it's not what you were hoping to hear.

-Chris

View solution in original post