Code to capture and send (mailto link) student ID

Jump to solution
GrahamNott
Community Novice

I'm looking for come code that I can add to a Canvas course that will capture the student's ID, name, email and then send that data using a mailto link to a specific address. 

Our challenge is that our auditors are saying that they need independent confirmation (i.e. from a student's email) that the student has logged into their course.  They (the auditors)  are saying that we can't use the Canvas LMS to provide that confirmation.  

Willing to pay for the right solution.

Labels (3)
0 Likes
1 Solution
JonathanBurnos
Instructure
Instructure

Hi GrahamNott, 

You might be able to set up a macro from a standard admin settings report to deliver this information to an email address. There are some standard reports in the administrator settings at the account level. If you are not the Canvas administrator for your school, you will want to connect with them to access this reporting. You will want to connect with support to access the report if you are the account administrator. If you want to explore custom development and building out a report that might closely fit the specifications you are looking for (macro to email data), you would want to connect with your admin team and the Customer Success Manager of your account to explore this solution. 

I hope this helps! 

View solution in original post