Concurrent users

Jump to solution
LMTechHub
Community Member

Hello community,

I was wondering if you could help me with this request. We have the free version and was wondering if the system allows multiple user accounts so that it can be used concurrently. Or just one account for all users on the free version.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

@LMTechHub ...

Everyone in a Canvas environment is first considered a "user".  Then, when you go into a given course, you can enroll them with whatever role type that you want...Student, Teacher, TA, etc.  This means that someone could be a Teacher in one course and a Student in another course...all using the same account.

In a FFT account, you should be able to add students to the "People" page of a course:

How do I add users to a course? - Instructure Community (canvaslms.com)

I'll also add that it's a little different in the FFT environment, because there is no "admin" area for you to access all users.  So, you should be able to add people via the "People" page.  Or...

There is also a way that you can let them self-enroll in your course:

How do I enable course self-enrollment with a join... - Instructure Community (canvaslms.com)

Hopefully this additional information will be enough to get you started...but please reach out if you have other questions.  Thanks!

View solution in original post

0 Likes