cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
govreacl
Community Contributor

Different Due Dates for Groups in Assignment

Jump to solution

I have a faculty who needs to have different due dates for different groups in a group project for one assignment. In the +Add button I see sections and a list of people, but not the groups. Other than recreating the entire assignment is there a way to make different due dates for different groups?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Stefanie
Community Team
Community Team

@govreacl , your faculty member will need to make sure the "This is a Group Assignment" checkbox is enabled in the assignment settings. If it is not, the groups will not appear in the Assign to dropdown.

Keep in mind that because this is a group assignment, one submission by the group will count on behalf of all of the group members. If your faculty member is only using groups for the purpose of differentiating the due dates, she might consider using sections instead. If the groups already exist for other purposes, the teacher should create sections, as described in How do I add a section to a course? and How do I edit sections for an enrollment in a course? , and build the section membership so that it exactly mimics the composition of the groups. She would then follow the instructions in How do I assign an assignment to an individual student or course section?

By the way, this wrinkle is the subject of a long-standing feature idea that is still open for voting and currently in the Under Consideration stage.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Stefanie
Community Team
Community Team

@govreacl , your faculty member will need to make sure the "This is a Group Assignment" checkbox is enabled in the assignment settings. If it is not, the groups will not appear in the Assign to dropdown.

Keep in mind that because this is a group assignment, one submission by the group will count on behalf of all of the group members. If your faculty member is only using groups for the purpose of differentiating the due dates, she might consider using sections instead. If the groups already exist for other purposes, the teacher should create sections, as described in How do I add a section to a course? and How do I edit sections for an enrollment in a course? , and build the section membership so that it exactly mimics the composition of the groups. She would then follow the instructions in How do I assign an assignment to an individual student or course section?

By the way, this wrinkle is the subject of a long-standing feature idea that is still open for voting and currently in the Under Consideration stage.

View solution in original post