Files in "Submissions" folder cannot be deleted

Jump to solution
Zehao
Community Member

Hi,

I am an instructor for a course. After accidentally creating a group assignment which was meant to be individual, there is now a "Submissions" folder in the Files tab on the group page, since a student already made a submission.

This particular folder has a padlock symbol at the bottom right corner of the icon. I cannot seem to delete neither the folder itself or the submissions therein.

I am wondering:

• Is there anyway to delete it?
  • Will other students in the group be able to view the submission by this particular student?

Any input will be appreciated.

0 Likes
1 Solution
greydon
Instructure
Instructure

Hello @Zehao 

Thank you for contacting the Canvas Community. We're sorry to hear you've been experiencing issues with deleting the submissions folder in a group assignment. Based on everything you've explained - no, you can't delete that. Once students start making submissions the folder is there to stay. Your best bet is to duplicate the assignment and uncheck the group setting and then publish it. You may need to ask the single student to re-submit one more time, or download the submission and manually give them a grade on the new assignment. Hopefully this helps!

https://community.canvaslms.com/t5/Instructor-Guide/How-do-I-duplicate-an-assignment/ta-p/636 

View solution in original post