Highlighting and commenting on student work

Jump to solution
KELLYBAUMAN
Community Member

Why is it so difficult to highlight a small portion (a word or single sentence) when commenting on student work?  Students have submitted their work (google slides or google docs) and I end up repeatedly highlighting an entire section of their work rather than being able to just highlight the area I want.  It is a major time suck go back and click undo, especially when it seems to repeatedly keep highlighting too much when I go back to re-do it. 

I don't remember it being this difficult to highlight and comment in past years.   I'm using the same computer and many of the same assignments as previous years.

0 Likes
1 Solution
ProfessorBeyrer
Community Coach
Community Coach

That sounds frustrating, @KELLYBAUMAN, especially if you have been using the same computer for the same task for years. Assuming that your trackpad or mouse has not lost its sensitivity over time, I suggest contacting your local Canvas help desk or IT support team. It's possible they will be able to identify a network connectivity or hardware issue that is causing the text-selection process to be harder than it was in the past. Alas, the vigilance of the tech support team likely does not extend to the Canvas Question Forum.

I’m going to mark this reply as a solution. I realize it does not solve your problem, but it will help our colleagues who have a similar challenge.

View solution in original post