cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
pp764
Community Member

How to play media in locked screen (iPhone)

Jump to solution

I used to be able to play Media during locked screen. I would able to hear the audio from the uploaded lectures even during locked screen. It no longer works for me, why would this feature be removed??? I used to love going on a walk and listening to my lectures.

Tags (2)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
rseilham
Community Coach
Community Coach

@pp764 ‌, 

This feature was added back to the recent update to the Canvas Student app. Please download the latest version and give it a try. Thanks.   

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
narmstrong
Instructure
Instructure

Hi  @pp764 ‌,

Thank you for your question. Listening to lectures while the app is in the background or while the device is locked is something that we are looking at supporting in the near future. If it was working before it was not intentional as it was not something we have built support for yet. It's possible that it just happened to work and that an iOS update or an update of one of our SDKs broke it.

Please hang tight while we work on adding the ability to listen to audio lectures in this way.

Thanks,

Nate

iOS Team Lead

rseilham
Community Coach
Community Coach

@pp764 ‌, 

This feature was added back to the recent update to the Canvas Student app. Please download the latest version and give it a try. Thanks.   

View solution in original post

0 Kudos