Community

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
tono

How to see student assignments in a concluded course?

Jump to solution

Hi,

How can I see student assignments in a concluded course? I am trying to write a letter of recommendation for a student from the last semester. When I looked at this class on the Canvas, I could not access the assignments that this student completed.

Many thanks in advance!

Tags (2)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
kona
Community Coach
Community Coach

speedgrader.png

@tono ​, per the following discussion - Why is there so much confusion over concluding a course? - it seems that you can access this student's submissions and your feedback if you go through the gradebook and use the drop down menu for each assignment.

Let me know if this works for you!

View solution in original post

2 Replies
kona
Community Coach
Community Coach

speedgrader.png

@tono ​, per the following discussion - Why is there so much confusion over concluding a course? - it seems that you can access this student's submissions and your feedback if you go through the gradebook and use the drop down menu for each assignment.

Let me know if this works for you!

bowmanr
Community Champion

@tono ​

The ability to access student work has to do with what settings the admins have used when concluding the course.  Our admins had concluded our courses and we were unable to access student work.  After I asked about that, they modified some setting that allowed access again.  Once the admins made the setting change, I could access the content and students could as well.  If you want to restrict the students access of the course content, you need to perform the following on the settings page for the course (I wrote this up for our faculty here):

52490_pastedImage_0.png

Hopefully this helps.  I suggest you get with the admins at your school.  I have no idea what settings the admins had to change.

you can also check out the information in Re: course visibility override of term availability setting