InstructureCon 2021 Session videos

Jump to solution
mjennings
Community Coach
Community Coach

Canvas Fam!

I hope everybody has recovered from the intense virtual InstructureCon 2021. I saw the sessions posted and I was excited to dive into a bunch of the sessions that I missed. However is there a way to not have to fill in the Promotional Materials form before EVERY video?!? I mean, I registered for the conference and gave all of that information already. I promise Canvas knows how to find me. Am I missing something? is there a way to login so that I do not have to go through those motions for every video I want to go back and watch?

Thanks in advance and keep being awesome!

Matthew Jennings
Director of Instructional Technology
UAB School of Nursing

0 Likes
1 Solution
Stef_retired
Instructure Alumni
Instructure Alumni

@mjennings  Our web team has not been able to replicate this. The first time a user clicks on a video, they fill out a form agreeing to accept cookies, and that resolves the issue for most users. However, the team is aware that the issue persists for some users who have Functional Cookies disabled in their browser settings:

This is expected behavior if the visitor has cookies disabled in their browser, or declined cookie tracking when they arrived at our site. The only way we can have subsequently viewed videos ungated is if we can identify that they have already completed a form, and that can only be done through cookie tracking.

When the user has disabled cookies, the user will still need to fill out the form for each new browser session. If you continue to experience issues with the videos, please send an email with details (browser and device used, screenshot of cookie settings) to instructurecon@instructure.com .

Thanks, Matt.

View solution in original post

0 Likes