Is it possible to view the grade distribution for an assignment?

Jump to solution
lazar_konforti
Community Explorer

Is it possible to view the grade distribution for an assignment? The instructor's manual only gives instructions on how to enable or hide this feature for students. I want to know if we can see the grade distribution as instructors and, if so, how/where.

I realise I can export the gradebook into Excel and do the calculation myself, but since Canvas says it can show the distribution to students, I figured it could just as easily show it to instructors and save me the trouble of playing with Excel. 

Labels (1)
2 Solutions
Chris_Hofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hello @lazar_konforti ...

In the SpeedGrader, at the top right side of your screen, you can see an average for a current assignment:

average.jpg

I'm not sure if there are any other details like this, but I wanted to share this with you in case it will help.

Take care, stay safe, and be well.

View solution in original post

kmeeusen
Community Champion

Hi again, @lazar_konforti 

For Quizzes, there is a full grade distribution and item analysis available under Quiz Statistics. Learn more at Once I publish a quiz, what kinds of quiz statistics are available?

I do not know of any other true distribution info available in Canvas, but I am still looking. I did find a great answer to someone else by my friend @kblack at Grade Distribution for a course? that seems to reiterate my thought that there are no more distribution stats available.

Kelley

View solution in original post