Is there a way to add connective text (not "text headers") between the elements of a module?

Jump to solution
stn3
Community Member

I'm a university teacher.  I understand the use of modules to structure course content in Canvas, but am frustrated that there doesn't seem to be a way to connect lectures, assignments, quizzes, etc with plain, narrative text.  To me, modules look like nothing more than a list of URLs with an occasional heading - which makes for a pretty bland web page.  I like to organize modules by topic.  Each is different.  I would like the ability to add a paragraph or two of introduction, explanation and rationale for the material, the ability to introduce each lecture powerpoint or video, distinguish major items from supporting papers, files or data sets, and generally bind the material together.  

Hopefully I'm not overlooking something obvious.  Is there any way to do this?

John

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution
mzimmerman
Community Contributor

Hi John,

At my school, when instructors want a little more elaborate way to organize content, the instructional designers point them towards using Pages, which allow links to all the same kind things that Modules do, but allow them to be embedded within a lot more flexible (and visually stimulating) layout.

View solution in original post