Latex Shows for Math Expressions

Jump to solution
teresa_cox
Community Member

I am a math teacher who has several question banks to use. As I check for questions to use in a new unit, I find that many of my previously created and/or imported questions have converted to latex code. Help! I don't want to recreate the wheel and spent a good deal of time to create and organize the question banks I do have (even a change in curriculum didn't slow me down). But not being able to use approximately 1/3 to 1/2 of my questions will.

Is there a way to make the latex code change back? I do not know latex and hope I don't have to learn it to fix this issue.

See the attached example below.

0 Likes
1 Solution
chriscas
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hi @teresa_cox,

Is this happening, by chance, in classic quiz question banks for banks that have more than 50 questions where you need to hit a button to load more questions?  I just discovered there is a bug where all the questions that load after clicking the button show as html (not showing latex/images/etc and displaying things like the <p> tags).  Canvas support tole me this is a known issue, and I believe the fix is in QA testing now, which usually means we should see it deployed within a few weeks if the testing goes well.

-Chris

View solution in original post