MP4 video upload - not working

Jump to solution
DianaBullen
Community Member

I have uploaded my lectures to Canvas by uploading MP4 videos at the beginning of the semester. I uploaded 4 lectures, but during the last two weeks it indicates that there is an error during the upload. I have had to convert the MP4s into YouTube videos. I use the updated version of Chrome and I have updated to Windows 11. Suggestions?Slide1.JPG

Labels (1)
0 Likes
2 Solutions
chadscott
Community Contributor

Hello,

Usually when I see this issue, it's because you've reached your course storage quota. If you go to Settings > Course Statistics (on the right) and then click on the File Storage tab, you can see your usage.

If you've run out of room, reach out to your Canvas admin and ask they increase your storage. Also, if your institution has access to Canvas Studio, I strongly recommend uploading videos there as it doesn't count against your course storage limit.

Cheers,
Chad Scott

View solution in original post

DianaBullen
Community Member
Author

Hello, Chad. That was the issue. I had met my quote in Canvas uploads, I will reach out to my college tech support to increase space available. If they don't allow it, I will need to continue to upload to YouTube. It just an extra step, I would rather avoid.

Thank you

Diana

View solution in original post

0 Likes