Multiple Fill in the Blank Choices

Jump to solution
MayaStahl
Community Member

For Fill in the Blank questions (New Quiz) with multiple correct answers...

I am a teacher and I have built a new quiz. I wanted a fill in the blank answer choice, but I do not need them to be in a specific order. Does the program require that the order be the same as I coded it in the question?

Does it matter the order the students place the answers? Does it have to be the exact order as I did it on the Canvas quiz?

Thank you!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution
Chris_Hofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hello @MayaStahl ...

Thanks for describing the kind of fill-in-the-blank question you'd like to set up in New Quizzes.  I think the best way to do this would be to set it up so that both answers are "Open Entry" where students type in their responses.  In the "Text Match" area, you'd select "Specify Correct Answers".  In my example, you can see that I used the "Roses are `red`, violets are `blue`" example.  When you tell Canvas to "Specify Correct Answers", it puts red and blue in the respective first possible answer boxes, and so I just added the other color as a second possible answer.  Here's an illustration:

Screenshot 2023-02-20 154920.jpg

Do you think this might work for your needs?  Keep us posted here in the Community...thanks!

View solution in original post

0 Likes