New Quizes Question Group Functionality

Jump to solution
PamelaImperato
Community Participant

Does anyone know when and if  New Quizzes will be getting a "question group" functionality as used in Old Quizzes for the circumstance below ?

Specific use case:  In old quizzes, you can separate a test/quiz into different sections. A professor would often have a multiple choice section, calculations, and short answer.

In New Quizzes it looks like a professor have to have multiple question banks in order to make those different types of sections in the same quiz/test..

Would multiple question banks be the only way to do so? 

0 Likes
1 Solution
joshua_lebo
Instructure
Instructure

Hello @PamelaImperato,

You are correct that in New Quizzes the "question group" functionality present in Classic Quizzes would be replicated by using item banks (the New Quizzes version of question banks). Thankfully it is a lot easier to get questions added to item banks and moved between item banks in New Quizzes. If you already have the questions created in New Quizzes and want to add them to an item bank you can do so by following the steps in this guide How do I add content to an item bank in New Quizzes? - to move or copy items between banks you would follow the steps in this guide How do I move or copy a question from one item bank to another in New Quizzes? To add a specified number of questions pulled randomly from an item bank you can follow the steps here How do I add all items or a random set from an item bank to a quiz in New Quizzes? In New Quizzes there isn't a Text (no question) question type, but if you needed to have separate instructions for each section you could use a Stimulus content type with the questions for that section attached.

View solution in original post