New Quizzes and Copying to a different Course -- Stuck on Deleted Version!

Jump to solution
JordanGarciaNAU
Community Explorer

Good morning!

I'm attempting to help faculty on campus with a bizarre issue surrounding New Quizzes. The issue is:

Faculty member copies a New Quiz from Course A over to Course B. They edit and add a question to the New Quiz in Course A and delete that previously copied version in Course B. They then re-copy the edited New Quiz that has an added question to Course B, but what copies over is the previous version, without the edit.

My colleague thought it might have something to do with that New Quiz having been migrated from a Classic Quiz, but I recreated the same issue with a fresh New Quiz. 

Any insights to this super strange issue is greatly appreciated. Thank you! 

0 Likes
1 Solution
paul_fynn
Community Coach
Community Coach

Having talked to my Guru, there are varied solutions to varied New Quiz issues, but essentially it seems likely that this may be a variation of the 'back to the future' issue that we see in Ally accessibility - in the Ally case a teacher upgrades materials in site B that were originally imported from site A, but when site B is copied, to site C, Canvas pulls the original versionfrom site A rather than the amended version from site B.

Coming back to the quiz issue, the rationale for copying updated Quiz A to a third place course X then from X back to B is to break the historic Quiz link between A and B and replace it with teh new version.

It feels like this needs to be investigated as part of Course and Quiz import functionality - clearly there is benefit in reusing existing content rather than duplicating it unnecessarily, however the process needs to be able to identify when an imported asset has been updated in the current site in the iterim, and take the current version forwards rather than the original, if that makes sense ?

View solution in original post