New quizzes

Jump to solution
mfeeney2
Community Novice

new quizzes does not allow student to view their exam one time after completing the test. If I allow the student to review their exam they will continue to have access to the exam after the test is completed, after the class is over, and the exam can be compromised. If I do not allow the students to review the exam after completing the test the student requests individual appts. to review the test, and with a class of 65 I am unable to accommodate them. has any figured out a way to resolve this problem?

0 Likes
1 Solution
ProfessorBeyrer
Community Coach
Community Coach

You are correct, @mfeeney2. The options for what to show students after they complete a quiz that are detailed in the Canvas Guides documentHow do I restrict students from viewing quiz results in New Quizzes? do not include the option to show the results only once. Accordingly, that option is not currently listed on the New Quizzes Feature Comparison, though perhaps it will be included in a future release.

However, I wonder how only seeing the results once fails to prevent your exam questions and answers from being compromised. Here's what I would do instead: Hide results from students until after the exam due date has passed and then change the settings and/or use some class time to review the answers to the questions. That way you would save having to meet each of your 65 students individually and also mitigate the risk of unauthorized cooperation among them.

I’m going to mark my response as a solution, but there can be more than one. I hope our colleagues here in the Community can share other options for meeting the interests you describe.

View solution in original post