POSSIBLE QUIZ BUG: Questions get skipped after clicking 'next'

Jump to solution
KENNAN
Community Member

I recently encountered an issue when I'm taking a quiz in Canvas. While I was answering a question in a quiz and clicking the 'next' button, I noticed that some of the succeeding questions get skipped. For example, when I'm done with question 1, Canvas takes me to question 5 which leaves questions 2-4 unanswered. This has happened to me more than once and it is starting to worry me as it can affect my grades. What could be the possible cause for this? I would also mention that this happened to both the canvas app on my phone and the desktop version. 

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution
Chris_Hofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hi there, @KENNAN …

Unfortunately, the vast majority of people here in the Canvas Community would not be able to answer specifics about the questions in your quiz because we do not have access to your school’s Canvas environment or your Canvas course(s) in question.  This is purely speculation on my part, but I wonder if your instructor labeled the question manually with numbers and then later either re-ordered some of the questions or removed some questions that he/she initially intended to include in your quiz but then later removed.  Instructors can manually label questions with text, and so this *may* affect the question numbering that you see…but again, we cannot be 100% sure of that here in the Community because we cannot access your quiz.  The best route for you to take would be to address your question directly with your instructor to let him/her know of your concerns about the possibly missing questions.  Your instructor should be able to help you figure out what is going on.  You can use this Guide to contact your instructor:

How do I get help with Canvas as a student?

I hope this information will be of some help to you.  Good luck with your conversations.

View solution in original post

0 Likes