Printing Annotated Documents

Jump to solution
CrystalChesanek
Community Member

Hello,

I have a couple of forms that I have students esign via student annotation and I need to be able to print those documents to put in their paper files but when I download these documents to print them they show up in my PDF viewer to print and the students annotations are not there and when I print the documents they are blank (unfilled in).  They only ones that have anything on them are those ones where they downloaded and wrote their name with free text and then re-uploaded the document.  Is there a way to fix this because I need to print these documents?  

Thank you!

0 Likes
1 Solution
crafte
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hi @CrystalChesanek - these annotations are included as comments in a PDF. I was able to include the annotations (they will appear as comments on a separate page) by including a Comment Summary (Adobe Acrobat Pro (should also be available to Adobe Reader) > click the print option > the printer settings window opens. Find the section titled 'Comments & Forms'. Select the option 'Document and Markups' in the drop-down menu. Click the button 'Summarize Comments' and print the file. Your output will be the PDF with the student's annotation on a separate page. I was not able to print the comments without using the comment summary option. Hopefully the above steps will be sufficient for your needs. 

View solution in original post

0 Likes