Professors quiz grades are all gone

Jump to solution
hardy_thorson
Community Explorer

Hello I'm working with a professor at my campus, I'm a lab aide. He posted a quiz a few days ago. All of his students took the quiz using lockdown browser with a webcam. He came to me today, which was 2 days later and all of the grades for the quiz are gone. I don't know exactly how to explain it really. I've never seen anything like this, and I've been using Canvas since we incorporated it as our LMS. I used the undelete feature in Canvas to see if he accidentally deleted it, but the most recent date of his deleted items is August 20th, so that's definitely not the case. I've looked through his assignments, quizzes, modules, and grade book, and there are no grades anywhere, however, when you look at any of his People>(student name)>User Details>Access Report, it shows a record of all of the students who have taken the quiz. My only guess is that this quiz is hidden somewhere in his course, but I haven't the slightest clue where it could be. I've been at my college for close to 20 years now and I've never seen anything like this before. Does anyone have any clues as to what I can do? Thanks!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution
mzimmerman
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hi @hardy_thorson 

Whether or not LockDown Browser is used, the quiz attempts, submissions, and grading are all still managed by Canvas.

The first thing I would do is go back to the quiz settings and make sure that the quiz is still assigned to all the students.  I can't tell you how many times I've seen instructors try to give one student a different due date by assigning the quiz to that student, and mistakenly un-assign it from all the other students.

The next thing I would do to investigate is go to the Gradebook and look at the Grade History, which should record any changes that are made in the grades through Canvas, including any automatic grading:  https://community.canvaslms.com/t5/Instructor-Guide/How-do-I-view-the-history-of-all-grading-changes... 

View solution in original post